Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cross-Training Swim Workout

I've decided to post the workout that we did in my intermediate swimming class today. It's a cross-training oriented workout that I found to be very invigorating. I think that emphasizing cross-training is extremely important for all-around health and fitness. 


-200 Swim (Choice of Freestyle, Breast, Back, Fly)
Warmup -200 Kick
-200 Pull

Cross-Train    -15 Push ups    
      (x3)   -50 Crunches


First Set   -6x100  with 20 seconds rest between sets
Descending 1-3, 4-6

Cross-Train   -1 Lap of Lunges around Pool
     (x2) -1 Minute Plank Position

Second Set -8x50 with 30 seconds rest between sets
1st 25 under water, 2nd 25 easy freestyle

Cross Train - 20 Squat Jumps
    (x3) 20 Leg lifts (lying on back)

Although this is not an all-inclusive workout it does a pretty good job of using all of your main muscle groups.

Let me know what you think.

- I've enabled comments from non-members, a login is no longer required to post - 

2 comments:

  1. I did it sitting on the couch! Really...too much for us OLD folk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good work out! I will probably go do it tomorrow if the pool is open...I might have to do the lunges at my house because the life guard will probably laugh at me:p. I'm excited! Maybe I can convince coach tobey to let me do this instead of running..my ankle is really hurting. <3 Allison

    ReplyDelete