Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Smokies

So Allison and I departed Columbia last night to head down to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. We're planning on staying in a cabin near  Smoky Mountain national park with my parents. Now, I've been fortunate enough to see many different mountain ranges in my short 21 years, but I have never laid eyes on the Smokies. At the current moment Allie and I are at a coffee shop in the small town of Alcoa, just outside of Knoxville. I was amazed at how flat Southern Illinois was, nearly like driving through Western Kansas! There was a recent bear mauling here in the park that has both mothers quite worked up, but I think with a bit of precaution and knowledge of the area we should be alright. I brought along my new HD video camera that Allison got me for my 21st birthday, so I'll be uploading some videos if I get the chance.
Caio!

No comments:

Post a Comment