Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day and Rush Week

   Whew, had a good three day weekend at home. It went by way too fast but that's okay. Saturday I rode my 2.1 to the gym and back, and Sunday Allison and I rode around Rock Bridge State Park. They have great single-track out there with some seriously gnarly terrain. Also Dad and I went out and bought clothes for rush; a new sport-jacket, shirt and tie etc.
  I'm excited about rush this week, it should be a good time. I'm still not sure if I'm going to pledge or not but if I had to guess I'd probably say either Sigma Chi or Delta Tau Delta. Those are the two fraternities that stick out to me. Part of that could be because David was a Sig, but I like the academic side of the Delts as well.
   I have to say that it's good to be back at the dorm, as scary as that sounds this really is beginning to feel like home. The fact that I have some awesome suite-mates probably has something to do with it as well! Although I wish to experience life in a different part of the United States (cough...Evergreen State...cough) I've found myself really falling in love with Westminster's small campus and extremely diverse student body. I've met people from all over the world: India, Fiji, Iraq, Bolivia, Bosnia, Costa Rica and China (my roommate) to name a few. I'll keep things updated as Rush week begins.

Oh, and a few pictures of the dorm:

Our stereo/tv set up and my desk.
We've got partial surround sound and a subwoofer
with HDMI-UP DVD connection.
Tis' pretty sweet for home-theatre on a budget.
   <----This is my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment