Monday, May 3, 2010

End of the Year

Wow, it's hard to believe that my Freshman year of college is almost over. It has gone really, really fast. In the time that I've been away from the blog, LOTS has gone on. I competed in the Tour of Hermann Time Trial race in Hermann, MO two weeks ago. I really didn't do very well....but I had a blast anyway! Also, I competed in the Westminster College triathlon last weekend, taking third among students. It was my first triathlon, and a short one at that. Classified as a "sprint" triathlon, it was a 300m swim, 15 mile bike and a 5k run. I finished with a time of 84:39.
The next event scheduled for me, as far as cycling goes, is the Pedaler's Jamboree, a two-day, one-night music festival. I'll ride about 70 miles over two days from Columbia to Booneville, MO and back. I went for the first time last year and it really was a blast. But before that gets underway I'll be on a class trip from May 10-27, touring the national parks of the Southwest U.S. We're starting in Texas and hitting New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Colorado before returning to Missouri. It should be a great time.

Happy cycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment